To stay healthy, the CDC and other health agencies recommend:
- Washing your hands frequently. Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home and away from others if you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces frequently.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
Trusted Information Sources
The Worker’s Guide to Unemployment Insurance
This booklet provides important information about unemployment benefits in Ohio, including how to apply, how eligibility is determined, and what must be done to receive payments. It is available in English, Somali, and Spanish. Printed copies of the English version may be ordered.
The Top 10 Things You Should Know
This flyer provides general information about the Unemployment Insurance program, including important telephone numbers and web addresses. It is available in both English and Spanish, and it would be easy to post printed copies on a community bulletin board or other prominent display.
OhioMeansJobs.com for Unemployment Insurance Claimants
This rack card provides a checklist of items needed when applying for unemployment benefits. It also provides a list of the requirements for establishing and maintaining eligibility.
This web page has links to instructions for using Ohio’s online unemployment benefit system.
This interactive map can help individuals locate their nearest OhioMeansJobs center, where they can get one-on-one assistance finding their next better job.
How to Apply for Unemployment Benefits
This website is available 24/7
Or by calling 1-877-644-6562 or TTY 1-614-387-8408 (excluding holidays) 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Charter Wifi - Options for free/discounted service
Avoid Coronavirus Scams
Federal Trade Commission consumer information